Sunday, November 1, 2009

post-midterm munchathon

I'm HOME! And pretty much the first thing I did upon stepping into the house was shove a gigantic sweet potato into my mouth. MMMMMMMMM. It was obviously gone too fast to even think about taking a photo.

Ahh, so glad to have a nice week of R&R. My last few days on campus were slow and filled with friends and foooood. My fridge was appallingly empty from not having gone grocery shopping in more than two weeks so there was a lot of eating on the town. Not that I minded in the least; I've become rather fond of the delicious little establishments here :D.

Weary after my last two back to back morning exams, I was delighted to find that someone amazing had left this delicious present sitting on my desk: a multigrain pita stuffed with egg whites, tomatos, avocado, and hummus. Best boyfriend evar? My tummy certainly thinks so <3.

Friday dinner, we checked out a Korean/Japanese place we had never been to before. I got a Futo Maki and Salmon Avocado roll. Their sushi rice was amazing!

Everyone else got the Bi Bim Bap which was admittedly pretty darn delicious as well.

Saturday lunch, I was really craving Indian food so we hit up the lunch buffet at Kalluri Corner. I didn't take pics because my buffet plates are embarassingly messy and unattractive (and piled with an unreasonable amount of food). I have a buffet complex in which I always feel I have to eat a lot so that I get my money's worth hahaha. I've been told I'm pretty fearsome when it comes to all-you-can-eat. Especially when it comes to Indian food, I can be quite bottomless.

Dinner was more sushi....can never get enough this stuff. We hit up a small local takeout place called Sakura Express. My friends are pretty familiar with the owners and we always end up getting a lot of freebies teehee.

Unagi don (eel over rice) and with avocado and BONUS heap of spicy tuna.

Salmon and avocado roll with BONUS salmon sashimi on top.

Korean pears are summoning me to the kitchen. It's good to be home :).

1 comment:

  1. yum, the futo maki does pwn cucumber roll quite a bit. i take that back haha.

    ReplyDelete