Tuesday, September 8, 2009

beast of a feast

It's been pretty spectacular here food-wise. I'm going to backtrack to the day before yesterday when we had our Labor Day Party! It was us plus two other fams and we did a potluck style dinner that stuffed me silly. Get ready for some foodpr0n!

Miso and honey glazed salmon with scallions (by me & mom)

String beans with spicy garlic soysauce (by mom)

Baked sweet potatoes and steamed corn (by mom)

Beautifully grilled steak (by fam friends)

Almond cranberry tomato salad with Italian dressing (me and mom) and pineapple blueberry fruit bowl (by fam friends). Love the color coordination going on here.

The entire spread. Not mentioned in previous pics: shrimpies, bbq pork ribs, chips and taboule :9

I ate sooooo freaking much, definitely let loose all of my bottomless pit potential. For those who have seen me really EAT, you know what I'm talking about ;). I inhaled probably a fourth of the gigantic tray of salmon, a bowl of unpictured shrimpies, a giant sweet potato, heaps of salad, fruit, nibbles of the ribs and steak, and of course DESSERT!!!

Beautiful and scrumptious fresh fruit tart!

Decadent WF cappucino cake mmmmmmm.

Needless to say, I was hit hard with a major foodcoma and foodbaby afterwards. Probably more like foodtwins. Lazed away the rest of the evening in a hazy satisfied bliss. Hummmmmmm :)

Other noteworthy noms from the past two days include another splendid mom cooked meal!

My mom loves making her dishes really colorfullll.

And today, I broke out with another Crazy Carollian Creation. Not really. Credit goes to the insane mastermind at The Minifridge and Microwave and this yummy little recipe for microwaveable bread pudding. I halved the recipe, using a piece of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel as the bread, homemade almond milk, one egg, half a banana, and a crumbled piece of organic dark chocolate instead of chocochips.

Mmmm warm comforting melty goodness. Will def be seeing this again.

Just a few more days until I'm back to campus and on my own for real! I'm excited but at the same time...schoool noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carol!

    I'm so glad that you tried the recipe for bread pudding. How was it with cinnamon raisin bread and the almond milk? That sounds fantastically rich. You have a great blog and totally delicious pictures. Keep in touch!

    -Chris
    The MiniFridge and Microwave
    http://miniandmicro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete