Tuesday, September 29, 2009

peppers and peaches, please!

It's starting to feel like falllll. Weather's been crisp and windy, with a light touch of autumn rain. I love this season but I really could do without the showers.

I also really love bell peppers!!! They go great with everything and have such a lightly sweet, crisp, and refreshing taste and texture all by themselves. They're also really beautiful and my shallow mind just goes gaga over their shininess.

Mmm, yellow foods. Sigh, so pretty.

This was one of the most photogenic peppers I have ever eaten!

It went great with hummus :9

I also hit up the weekly farmer's market today. Didn't bring my camera unfortunately but there was oodles of colorful fresh produce, cheese, honeys and jams, baked goods, all from local growers and artisans. I was tempted to buy a lot of stuff, especially when I saw these huge bundles of fresh mushrooms but I wouldn't really know what to do with them...

Need to find microwaveable mushroom recipes ASAP.

I was excited to see the Whole Earth Center had a stand. I was sad that they didn't bring any of their vegan coconut orbs so I opted for this scrumptious looking soup instead.

Chock full of the healthy stuff.

And it certainly did not disappoint!!! Tasted FANTASTIC.

All the fruit stands were so hard to resist. I can get free fruit from the dining halls, but I just couldn't help myself.

Five blurry beautiful white peaches.

Can't wait to munch on this.

I also received in the mail a huge multipack of Erewhon's Organic Instand Oatmeal that I had ordered from Amazon a while ago. MMMMM nothing like enough oatmeal goodness to last the winter.

What can I say, I'm an addict!

Aaand it's finally cool enough to whip out the sizzling John Varvatos trench coat that my favorite man bought me <3.

No messy haired sleep-deprived face for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment