Wednesday, September 2, 2009

cool mornings and hot salsa

First foodie post! Wahoo!

Only in the 50s this morning! Had to bust out the fuzzy slipper socks the minute my feet touched the cold cold floor... where did summer go???

My breakfast included an unpictured piece of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel, a (again unpictured) bananer, and a sweet pumpkin seed cluster I got in Taipei. Yumm.


At 10, I decided it was warm enough to go for a run and set out around the neighborhood. I am sooooo out of shape after not really exercising while I was in Taiwan this summer for two months. Although I've been slowly getting back into it, my summer laziness is still in full swing and I've been quite the lethargic lump. Yeah, I took a lot of walking breaks and pretty much felt like death by the end. I did see a lot of cute doggies along the way (yay) and ended up cranking out a miserable 2.25 miles according to mapmyrun.com (aiyee).

For lunch, I got a little creative with just stuff lying around the house.


Behold! My ohmurrito rice bowl! What the eff, right?

I used a little leftover five grains rice from yesterday for the base and topped it with two microwaved egg whites, TJ's hot (and it was HOTTT) tomato salsa, a little ketchup and pepper with two little wedges of sheep's milk cheese on the side. It was surprisingly deeelectable and spicy spicy. Yay for "fusion" food.

For dessert, nibbled on a little chocolate :9.


I can't believe school starts in two weeks. Aaahhhhh, I am so not ready to go back. But I've started to pack my goodies for the semester. I'm excited to be in charge of all my own meals! At least I have that to look forward to. This box is going to be brimming by the time I'm through with it.

So far we got: almond butter, nutella(!!!), green tea, milk tea, wild blueberry jam, instant red and mung bean soup packets, and sweet and spicy chili sauce which is hiding in the paper bag.


Hurrah for my first foodie post! I am off to be unproductive and lazy as usual. This blog is probably going to start off pretty inconsistently but I'm hoping to really get into the groove of things soon. Have a nice day!


3 comments:

  1. your 'thrown-together' lunch looks so much more complicated and good than anything i ever eat on a daily basis, lol.

    living independent is hard but its nice that you're so enthusiastic about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, I just realized I'll be food independent in Budapest too, oops. your blog will give me good ideas for myself, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo!!! you started! i know where that name came from too. LOL. so clever.

    i can't want to taste some of your creations at school xD

    ReplyDelete